It’s fun to buy new makeup but I also love using what I already have. Trying to keep up with the latest makeup can be really overwhelming these days and most of the releases this year don’t appeal to my tastes. I find I’m buying less quantity of items this year but focusing on better quality makeup that truly performs well for me. I am pretty selective with which eye shadows I add to my collection because most of the shades released recently have been very warm tones of oranges, reds, and burnt looking nudes that are anything but neutral on my skin. I feel like true neutral shades and cooler leaning shades flatter my complexion best.
I tend to reach for similar eye shadows most of the time because I feel my tried and true taupe and sooty browns just make me feel like I look my best when I wear them.
Today I wore some of my favorite products that I’ve had for a while. These are some of my favorite go-to’s for a quick and easy look that always makes me feel like my best self. I even feel like I have more energy throughout the day when I wear my most flattering colors.
My makeup of the day:
- Tom Ford Eye Quad in Nude Dip- one of my all time favorite quads. I use the bottom two shades the most often with the taupe on my lid and the darker brown in my crease.
- Chanel Highlighter in Poudre Signee De Chanel- this was a limited edition release from a few years ago and it is one of my favorite highlighters ever. The soft champagne shade goes with everything and isn’t too much highlight.
- Chanel Blush in Rose Bronze- a very soft pinky nude color that I gravitate towards.
- Chanel Lip Liner in Moredore Nude- My holy grail lip liner.
- Tom Ford Lipstick in Paper Doll- a nice soft pink that becomes a pinky nude on me when paired with the Chanel nude liner.
Let me know some of your favorite products from your makeup stash in the comments. Have you been shopping your stash more this year too?